Friday, June 08, 2012

Friday Night Cocktail: Carrot Cake Martini

I LOVE carrot cake! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner...Carrots are hugely healthy, containing beta-carotene, which is a good anti-oxidant as well as vitamin K which is good for the eyes. I know I am grasping at straws here - but drinking can be healthy - yes carrots are really good for you!
A few weeks ago I posted a cocktail recipe for a Chocolate Cake Martini which is my liquid version of that decadent comfort food we all know and love. I get it (well I don't actually get it) that not everyone likes chocolate cake (my son Mr. J does not, and I take full blame for that...I actually hated chocolate when I was pregnant with him!) Now in keeping with the cake theme ( I love to watch 'Cake Boss' on the Food Network) one of the most popular cakes used in slab form is also another classic we all love: Carrot Cake - that ultra moist concoction of carrots, pineapple and cinnamon topped with sweet creamy cream cheese icing! And no need to feel even an iota guilty for drinking this one - cuz' now you can have this cake and drink it, too!

Carrot Cake Martini
Ingredients:
2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce creme de cacao
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 ounce carrot juice
1 ounce plain cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon icing sugar
2 tablespoons ground walnuts
Cinnamon
Method:
Combine softened cream cheese with icing sugar; spread onto small plate. Dip Martini glass rim in cream cheese icing; dip into ground walnuts. Set aside.
To cocktail shaker filled with ice add vodka, creme de cacao, pineapple and carrot juices; shake vigorously. Strain into chilled Martini glass. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Well now, that just looks like health food to me! ;) Pineapple juice, carrot juice, ground walnuts...that's all good! ;) TGIF!

    ReplyDelete