Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Night Cocktail: Pineapple Kiwi Sangria

So I started a new job this month and I have worked about 120 hours since my inaugural day two weeks ago. There is a very good reason behind this. Our new showroom was opening and there was a major time crunch, in addition, for the grand opening we were hosting a couple of dozen people from the industry so there was a lot of time spent entertaining out of town guests as well has holding in-house training sessions this past week.
I am exhausted to say the least but now things will get back to normal and I can breath a sigh of relief that I survived my first two weeks with this fabulous new company!

I believe that I will have a whole new appreciation for Friday Nights now that I am working full-time and so today I would like to share with you one of many more Friday Night Cocktails to come:

Pineapple and Kiwi Sangria.

I was feeling like something really refreshing when I came home from work today and although it is raining outside and doesn't look even the slightest bit like summer has actually commenced, I think Sangria is one of those drinks one can enjoy regardless of the season.
This recipe yields one large pitcher, so you can plunk yourself down and relax while people can help themselves to at least a few refills.

Pineapple Kiwi Sangria
Ingredients:
1/4 cup chopped pineapple
1/4 cup chopped kiwi
1/4 cup small green grapes, sliced in half
2 bottles dry white wine
1 cup white rum
1/2 cup Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec)
4 cups pineapple juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

Combine all ingredients in large pitcher. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled over ice. Serves 8-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment